I was feeling a little bored this morning, so I decided to find a new recipe to post on my blog. It has been forever since I have posted. Sam had a buddy spend the night, I thought they might enjoy something sweet for breakfast. Should have known if it didn’t have chocolate he wouldn’t really be that interested. My husband thought they were tasty. They really did taste like a cake donut NO BULL! I liked the moist center with the crusty sugar coating.
I would recommend making them in the SMALL muffin pans verses the regular size. That is what I will do next time. They are very dense and cake like. I think the smaller ones would be better.
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking power
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk (low fat is fine)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar, for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
2. In a large bowl, beat together sugar and egg until light in color.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Pour into egg mixture and stir to combine. Pour in vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract.
4. Divide batter evenly into 10 muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
5. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.