I was looking for a simple sweet treat to serve with my Chipolte Chili during the Colts Football game tonight. I came across this pumpkin bar. With Thanksgiving being this week I though it would be a great time to give them a try. The were delicious NO BULL! Everyone loved them. It worked well with the chili. I love white chocolate Macadamia Nut cookies and the addition of pumpkin sounded great. The fact that they were a bar cookie made it even better. I think the trick to making these is not to over bake them. I cooked mine for 20 minutes. I was worried they they were not done enough in the middle at first, then I just decided to trust that they would be fine. I’m glad that I did, they were very moist and tasty as my girlfriend said.
Hope you give them a try.
PUMPKIN WHITE CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA BARS
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) white chocolate chips. divided
2/3 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan..
2. Combine flour, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and baking soda in a small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until blended and then gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in 1 1/2 cup morsels and the 2/3 cup nuts. Spread into the prepared pan.
3. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack or in the pan.
4. Place remaining morsels in a heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH for 45 seconds then knead the bag. Microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut away a tiny corner from the bag and squeeze the bag to drizzle the white chocolate over the bars. Cut into bars.
5. Estimated Times: Preparation – 15 minutes; Cooking – 22 minutes; Cooling Time – 10 minutes cooling.
6. Yields 48 bars (4 dozen).