The Guinness chocolate cheesecake is a moist one as might be expected with all of the extra liquid provided by the Guinness but it is also nice and light and creamy. This cheesecake has a texture that seems to be like a cross between a souffle and fudge and it is simply amazing! The Guinness flavour is very subtle but it seems to enhance the overall chocolate flavor. This is a chocolate lovers dream! NO BULL, if you love chocolate, you will be in heaven with this rich chocolaty dessert!
Guinness Chocolate Cheesecake
One of the most decadent and creamy chocolate cheesecakes around with a shot of Guinness to enhance the chocolate flavour.
Servings: makes 6+ servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Guinness
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, cocoa powder, sugar, and butter and press into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Melt the chocolate in the cream in a double boiler.
- Cream the cream cheese.
- Mix in the sugar, chocolate, sour cream, eggs, vanilla, and Guinness.
- Pour the mixture into the spring form pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 60 minutes.
- Turn off heat and leave cheesecake in the oven with the door slightly ajar for 60 minutes.
- Let it cool completely.
- Chill the cheesecake in the fridge overnight.