It’s a bloody morning brunch at the Munro house! I decided to try a recipe I found and doctor it up a bit. It is AWESOME! I made a tomato sereno pepper relish to serve with this. It is just a simple mixture of sereno peppers sliced thin..seeds and all , diced onion, diced tomato and cilantro. Sprinkle all with salt and pepper and throw in a bowl and chill in the fridge until your meal is ready. I make this dish all the time for dinner it is awesome with rice! Anyway back to this delicious brunch! You are going to love this NO BULL! It is awesome. I’m now thinking of all the different combinations I could do with this. I hope you give it a try. Let me know if you do!
Jalapeno Egg Sausage Braid
1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough (I used Pillsbury thick canned pizza crust)]
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 chopped mushroom
1/4 cup chopped red pepper
1/2 lb sausage (I used hot sausage), browned and drained
3 large eggs, lightly beaten with a touch of milk
1/4 lb deli sliced pepper jack cheese ( I used extra hot)
1/4 cup chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Unroll dough onto parchment paper; pat into a 15 x 10–inch rectangle. When ready to bake, simple lift parchment paper onto pizza stone.
3. Cook sausage browned. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon. Drain well on paper towel.
5. Add onion diced mushroom and diced red pepper to pan saute until just tender, sprinkle with salt. Remove from pan and toss with sausage mixture.
6. Scramble eggs in warm pan and add to sausage mixture.
7. Sprinkle egg mixture down center of dough, leaving about a 2 1/2-inch border on each side. Sprinkle jalapeno over egg mixture top with cheese.
8. Make 2-inch-long diagonal cuts about 1 inch apart on both sides of dough to within 1/2 inch of filling using a sharp knife or kitchen shears. Arrange strips over filling, alternating strips diagonally over filling. Press ends under to seal. Brush with egg white. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut crosswise into slices.