These are delicious! Perfect for a brunch or holiday breakfast. Simple to make packed with flavor. I served this with Asparagus with sliced garlic drizzled with olive oil and finished with a twist of lemon juice. My husband loved this recipe. It was so easy to prepare and would be wonderful for a crowd. My sister posted the recipe, but I decided to add the crescent roll crust which really adds a lot to the dish. I love the parmesan cheese sprinkled on top before baking. When I made this I cut it in half using only 5 jumbo eggs and filled 12 cupcake holders.
1/2 pound Italian Sausage (sweet, mild, hot variety depending on your preference I used Bob Evans Italian)
1/2 cup broccoli florets
5 Jumbo eggs
1/8 cup milk (or half and half depending on how you’re feeling that day)
1 tsp. vegetable oil
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. In a large saute pan, over medium high heat, brown Italian Sausage for about 5 minutes, or until the sausage is no longer pink. Remove from heat and stir in broccoli and mushrooms cook for about 5 minutes longer.
3. Whisk together eggs, milk, oil and baking powder. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Put crescent roll into each muffin tin. ( If you have more filling than crescent rolls like I did lightly spray remaining muffin tins and fill with out crust. Spoon out the sausage and broccoli mixture evenly into each cupcake.
5. Ladle the egg mixture over sausage and broccoli.
6. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes.