I made this weekend and am happy to say it is AWESOME! My husband really loved this dips as well. The recipe only called for 1 jalapeno pepper, I like things a little spicy so I added 3. Adjust this to your taste. The combination of spicy and sweet is amazing. I served mine with the Gluten Free multi grain crackers from Sam’s Club. I love these crackers, if you haven’t tried them I recommend them highly.
Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip
Time: 15 minutes prep + 4 hours refrigeration
Yield: 15 servings
1 12 oz package fresh cranberries
1/4 C green onion, chopped
1/4 C cilantro, chopped
1 small jalapeno pepper
1 1/4 C sugar
1/4 t cumin
2 T lemon juice
2 8 oz packages cream cheese
1. Put your cranberries in a food processor. You could also,just use a food chopper, I believe it would look a little prettier. The food processor may over chop. I used mine, it tasted fine, just think it may not look as pretty.
2. Chop up your green onion, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper into small pieces. Careful of the seeds now. Throw on a pair of rubber gloves or something, please. The seeds are the hot part of the pepper. If you don’t like a lot of heat on the old pallet, just leave the jalapeno out.
3. Add all ingredients (but the cream cheese and the wheat thins) into a bowl. Mix them all together, cover and store in the fridge for at least 4 hours. The sugar needs some time to soak in to the cranberries and break up their bitter taste.
4. When you are ready to serve, place your cream cheese bricks on a plate.
5. Spread the cream cheese out as evenly as you can.
6. Pour your cranberry mixture over the cream cheese.
7. Spread it all around.
8. Serve immediately with Wheat Thins, Ritz Crackers or Tortilla Chips.