Another successful recipe I found on pintrest. I knew this would be good when I saw it was a recipe from Ina Garten. This is the easiest appetizer you will ever make. Simply cube the cheese add the garlic and herbs and pop into a hot over. I made this for my kids during a Christmas celebration and they loved it. This would be a great appetizer to take to a party, just have everything assembled in your cast iron skillet and pop in the oven for only 6 minutes and you are done. Serving this in a cast iron skillet looks amazing. I pulled this out of the oven and the kids all ooohed and awwed.
source: adapted from How Easy is That? by Ina Garten
- 1 1/2 lbs Italian fontina, rind removed and cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Adjust top rack of the oven so that it sits about 5 inches under the broiler unit. Preheat broiler.
- Spread cheese out in the bottom of a 12-inch cast iron pan. Drizzle olive oil over the cheese. Mix together the garlic and herbs in a small bowl and sprinkle the mixture evenly over the cheese. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the top of the cheese.
- Bake for 6 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and melted through. Carefully remove the pan from the oven and set it on a heatproof surface – the pan will be hot! Serve immediately.